Fannie Mae: 3.5% buyer closing assistanceJan 22nd, 2011 | By Bea Weiss, Real Estate Consultant, Attorney | Category: Blog, Real Estate
Buyers purchasing a Fannie Mae-owned home may receive up to 3.5 percent of the final sales price for closing cost assistance if they close before June 30, 2011. Offers previously submitted (before April 11) do not qualify, and the offer is not extended to investors – buyers must use the home as their primary residence.
All Fannie Mae-owned HomePath properties are listed on HomePath.com and most include detailed property descriptions, photographs, community and school information, and more. In addition, many Fannie Mae-owned properties are eligible for special HomePath Mortgage and HomePath Renovation Mortgage financing, which offers homebuyers an opportunity to purchase with as little as 3 percent down.
Fannie Mae has a federal charter and operates in America’s secondary mortgage market to enhance the liquidity of the mortgage market by providing funds to mortgage bankers and other lenders so that they may lend to homebuyers.
The HomePath property buyer must meet the following qualifications to be eligible:
- Buyers and/or selling agents (the agent representing the buyer) must request the incentive upon submission of initial offer in order to be eligible.
- The initial offer must be submitted on or after April 11, 2011 and close by June 30, 2011. If an initial offer was made prior to the effective date, the offer is not eligible for the incentive.
- The sale must close on or before June 30, 2011. No exceptions will be made to this deadline.
- Only buyers purchasing a HomePath property as their primary residence may receive up to 3.5% in closing cost assistance. Second homes and investment properties are excluded from the incentive.
- Buyer must sign the Owner Occupant Certification Rider to the Real Estate Purchase Addendum.
- If a buyer’s total closing costs are under 3.5%, the difference will not be available as a credit to the buyer.
If you are interested in buying a bank owned home please give us a call @ 941.866.1666 or use our contact form to get in touch.